If you’re looking for a firm that will focus on your individual needs, and always treat you like a client who matters, look no further. Our firm is large enough to offer a full range of professional services, but small enough to give you the individual attention that you deserve.
We will thoroughly and conscientiously study your personal situation, and tailor our advice to your specific needs.
Sound finances start with accurate bookkeeping. Keeping track of daily transactions, however, can be a tedious, error-prone task that is often postponed in favor of more pressing matters or regarded as a data entry chore delegated to office staff. All financial statements arise from day to day bookkeeping and your ability to secure a loan or comply with tax laws may be compromised if your business records are incomplete. If you are finding it difficult to stay on top of your bookkeeping, we offer an affordable solution. At Bella Vita Bookkeeping, we precisely record all invoices, deposits, bank statements, credit card receipts, and other daily transactions in a clear, easy to understand format following industry best practices.
Our services include:
- Trust Account compliance: We know trust accounts and have a system set up to ensure our clients’ books are audit-ready at all times.
- Monthly Reconciliation: Every penny will be accounted for and properly categorized for painless tax preparation. Our monthly reconciliation process includes 3-way reconciliation for trust accounts.
- Accounts Payable: Keep track of who you owe. (Bill Pay)
- Accounts Receivable: Keep track of who owes you (Invoicing)
- Monthly Financial Statement Preparation: Customized financial reports delivered monthly.
- Monthly Financial Analysis: What good are reports if they don’t make sense? Not to worry, we’ll go over the reports together every month. We stay on top of a business owner’s goals and together, we will strategize how to earn more and keep more.
- Cash Flow Forecasting: Provide the data necessary for an owner to plan for growth and investment.
- Year End Check in with Tax Preparer: Armed with accurate and timely financial statements, tax preparers have the data needed to proactively strategize crucial business decisions to maximize tax planning.
- Third Party Supported Payroll: Payroll is best handled by HR experts and there are many excellent choices. We close the loop by accurately inputting the data from the payroll provider into the accounting software.
- 1099 Preparation & Submission: We track payments to vendors and independent contractors and prepare & submit 1099s at year end.
- Clean Up: Books not in order? No problem, we can fix this.
- Good Life Check In: Are you on track with your reason for owning the business? We’ll do our part to help.
Return to Top
What is a trust account? Any business that accepts funds on behalf of another is required to maintain a trust account. (Think: a property manager collecting rents on behalf of the property owner or an attorney receiving settlement funds on behalf of their client.) The law is very specific on how a trust account is to be maintained and we are experts on this aspect of bookkeeping.
Bella Vita Bookkeeping specializes in trust account bookkeeping serving:
- Real Estate Agencies
- Mortgage Brokers
- Real Estate Investors
- Property Managers
- Insurance Agencies
- Law Firms
Return to Top
It’s not deliberate. You had good intentions. Time runs away from you because you are busy running a business. Before you know it, it is tax time AGAIN and you know you’re going to have to spend the weekend getting it done.
Or maybe you had someone who you thought you could trust but got it all wrong because of their inexperience.
Over time the problem becomes so big that:
- It has taken over your office
- It keeps you awake at night
- You don’t know where to start
- You’re fearful the IRS will call
- You have no idea how much tax you owe
- You are completely in the dark
It’s what we call “The Bookkeeping Monster!”
What’s the good news?
We can tame The Bookkeeping Monster because we have a team of highly skilled and dedicated bookkeepers who use the Pure Bookkeeping System to empower business owners in their financial matters, removing confusion, fear and uncertainty and replacing it with clarity, freedom and control.
Because every clean-up is as individual as you are we can’t say upfront what the cleanup will entail and how long it will take. During the initial consultation when we complete a Diagnostic Review we will explain to you what the problems are and what needs to happen to transform your data file into a source that provides you with reliable information.
Essentially though we will do whatever it takes as quickly and efficiently as possible. Some of the issues we will address are:
- Bank Accounts or Credit Cards that don’t reconcile with the Statements
- Old unpresented transactions in the Bank Account or Credit Card
- Accounts Payable or Receivable that don’t balance with the Balance Sheet
- Accounts Payable or Receivable aren’t “real” i.e. outstanding invoices and bills have already been paid but still showing as outstanding
- Incorrect previously lodged filings with the IRS
- Payroll Categories that are incorrectly set up resulting in misfiled W2s & W3s
- Unreliable Inventory figures
The implications of these issues are:
- You may be paying the wrong sales or payroll tax
- You may be subject to fines and interest
- You may be making strategic business decisions based on unreliable figures with dire consequences
Return to Top
Year End Review (Referral Required)
Our tax professionals advise their clients to meet prior to year-end for a strategic tax planning session. For our referral partners, we offer a discounted year-end review of the QuickBooks file to ensure accuracy before the scheduled tax planning session.
Limited spaces available. November 1 – December 15 only. $95
Return to Top
Available as a stand-alone service to non-clients, we electronically submit 1099s at year end. Our digital service includes proof of submission to both the contractor and the IRS. Volume discounts available. Call for pricing.
Return to Top
Making sure all the compliance requirements are taken care of should be a given. Unfortunately, not every bookkeeper has the experience or qualifications that you can trust to do that. At Bella Vita Bookkeeping, we not only guarantee the quality of the work, we will empower you around your finances by being your trusted advisor helping you navigate your way through the complexities of running a business.
But you thought that’s what tax professionals were for right? Not necessarily. Many tax professionals provide tax advice and some are qualified to provide financial advice. You may talk to them a couple of times a year to get advice about the best way to purchase a motor vehicle or some other asset for example and hopefully they will be proactive enough to give you advice about how you might be able to minimize your tax. Although we are qualified bookkeepers we are not trained or insured to give you tax advice. However we will work closely and collaboratively with your tax accountant to provide them accurate information in a timely manner so they can give you the advice you need.
Because we work closely with you to keep your bookkeeping up to date that enables us to get a better understanding of your business and your goals. And, because of our experience, we will be able to give you insights into what the numbers mean and help you manage your cash flow and budgets to help you achieve your goals. That’s what being a trusted advisor means.
Return to Top
Call today to schedule an appointment!